Friday, November 21, 2008

UPDATE ON TWINS!

Well everyone we are officially at the hospital! I started having contractions during the night two days ago. I had a doctor's appointment that morning and after I went they sent me over to have a non-stress test (where they monitor the babies and contractions). After that they sent me home with the orders to be on bed rest because I was having contractions about every 7 to 10 minutes. By about 9:00 they were down to 4 to 5 minutes apart so we called the hospital, talked with our doctor, and they had us come back to the hospital. Once we got there they checked me and monitored the babies and my contractions for a little bit. They also decided to give me some medicine to try and stop my contractions or at least to slow them down. (They said that my uterus was very irritated.) So we did that all night in the hospital and then this morning they got down to like every 2-3 minutes. So here we are up at Utah Valley. Things are going fine. The contractions are coming about every 8 minutes now and if my cervix doesn't change (by tomorrow afternoon) then we can go and stay with Karl's family until the contractions are worse and are hurting me. If my cervix does change then we will be having babies tomorrow. As of now one baby is still breech and her bum is right where the babies are supposed to come out...so if it stays that way and she does not turn we will be having a C-section. Anyway we just wanted to update everyone and say thanks for everyone's concern. We'll let you know how things go! (Oh and we had an ultrasound today and the babies are about five or six pounds each...)

7 comments:

Elise said...

Wow! Already huH! I'm so so excited and happy for you! 5-6 lbs, thats so small! We can't wait to see them, everything will go well, your amazing!

Rostron Family said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all! We love you, take care.

Jan

Blackham Family said...

I am so excited for you guys. I hope things go great for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I spent a couple nights like that in the hospital for almost the exact same stuff. it will be here before you know it. How are you guys doing with stuff? Do you have what you need for the babies?

Mason Clan said...

Congrats... I am so excited for you guys!! Good Luck with everything! You will do great.. You guys are giong to be amazing parents. You are in our prayers..

The Brok Sorensen Family said...

Hopefully you can hold out for a while and the baby will move! But if not it will still be so exciting to see those babies!!! I bet you just want to get them out huh? Do you know if you will have to stay in the hospital for a while up there in provo after you have the babies? Keep us updated so we know where to visit ya! You guys are awesome and I know Alyssa is so STRONG. We will be praying for you both!

Anonymous said...

Alyssa, you are such a trooper! I want you to know how proud of you I am and I hope and pray everything goes well. I can't wait to sneak a hold on those little girls! Good luck with everything. Mark sends his love, too. He still goes around saying, "Alyssa, baby!"

Russ and Jan Norman said...

Congratulations! They are so cute. We can't wait to hold them!